September 7, 2010

A year has passed...



I know I haven’t posted anything in months – to be honest, I’m not sure I’m cut out for the whole blogging thing, but today is mine and Jake’s one-year anniversary, which obviously is special. So today as I was drinking my morning coffee out of my special Precious Moments wedding mug, a little song came to me.

Thought I’d share the lyrics:

This time is ours, your open arms

These sunset fields, here at Carrigan Farm

This swollen love reminds me of

God’s spilling soul that somehow always fills me up


Every vow is true

Gathered friends draw near as I give my heart to you

And every word is true, you mean them too

Oh, I’m happy to be here with you

At Carrigan Farm


I see our families smiling

I see the light upon their face

Here is the promise that fills this place

There is an edge of autumn

But the love it keeps us warm

We’ve started our adventure at Carrigan Farm


Every word is true

Gathered friends draw near as I give my heart to you

And every vow is true, you mean them too

Oh, I’m happy to be here with you

At Carrigan Farm


And these are the laughs and tears

That turn like the seasons that turn in a year

And this is a day worth keeping

This is a day worth dwelling on

This is the day at Carrigan Farm


And I don’t know why, but my heart just smiles

And I know that each day we’re growing older

But we still know the way

To take us to that day

Take me to the day

At Carrigan Farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment